Preventative Pet Care
At West Delray Veterinary, we believe that it is much easier to prevent diseases than it is to treat them. We also believe that every patient is an individual and has a unique set of circumstances that may inform us in what their specific preventative care needs might be. Factors that we may consider include breed, age, lifestyle, health status, diet, reproductive status, and even the accompanying human preference. We believe that medicine is not a “one size fits all” practice. As such, each patient will receive a tailored approach to best meet his or her preventative care needs.
We take a team-oriented approach, aiming to educate and empower you, our clients, to make the most educated decisions regarding your pets’ care based on a variety of factors.
Examples of our wellness and preventive care services include:
- Annual or Bi-annual wellness exams: We firmly believe that regular exams are the best way to remain on top of your pet’s overall health and well being.
- Puppy, kitten, newly adopted pet care and coaching: we love meeting new puppies, kittens, and newly adopted adult pets too. We take the time to sit down and provide education and guidance on how to care for your new pet and answer any questions that you have.
- Nutritional guidance based on patient needs and client preference. We support a variety of approaches to nutrition, free of judgment. We like to help educate and guide clients based on their preferences and their pet’s needs.
- Herbal and Nutritional Supplements to help maintain optimal health and well-being. Supplementing your pet’s diet with certain supplements can help maximize their overall vitality and longevity.
- Tailored vaccine schedules to meet your pet’s basic needs. We feel that it is important to only give the minimum amount of inoculation to prevent disease and are very cautious about over-vaccinating. WDV follows the AVMA, AAHA, and CAPC guidelines for vaccination in our region and tailors them to your pet’s lifestyle.
- Routine blood monitoring to stay on top of internal organ function and immune function.
- Regular parasite screenings when necessary.
- Tailored parasite prevention.
- Exercise, wellness, and lifestyle coaching to keep your pet healthy and happy for as long as possible!
MICROCHIPPING & TRAVEL HEALTH CERTIFICATES
SEE WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU AND YOUR PET TODAY!
West Delray Veterinary offers pet wellness & preventive care in Delray Beach, West Boca, Boynton Beach and the surrounding communities.
WE’RE HERE TO HELP!
West Delray Veterinary is conveniently located in Delray Beach.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or inquiries.
Have a question?
Delray Beach, FL 33446
Mon-Thu: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Fri: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Sat: 8:00am – 3:00pm
West Delray Veterinary is a Delray Beach, Florida based general small animal, integrative veterinary practice founded in 2019 by Dr. Jonathan S. Block CVA CCRT.